Camping can be any girl’s biggest nightmare… First on the search list for a camping site… a site with electricity for the straightner, it has to be close to the ablutions so nobody can see you run to the bathroom with no makeup on and fully equipped bathrooms with a shower and a bath to wash off all the dirt from sitting in the camping chair while the guys set up camp…
Camping has become such a big trend among the “youth” and the bigger the trend has become, the less camping sites there are to choose from. – Unless you book months in advance.
Here are some tips on how to make camping a little easier for the image conscious gals…
- Dry Shampoo: As soon as that oily roots start to creep up, spray a little dry shampoo on. It is super easy to use and usually comes in travel size. This means more space in your bag and you can throw in that extra bikini you wanted to take with. Dischem has an amazing 200ml dry shampoo that I always take with.
- Start with a curl: If you have straight hair, curl it before you go on your camping trip. It prevents your hair from going flat so quickly. On day one your hair will be curly, day two will leave you with a wavy curl and on day three you still have a little volume to play with.
- Plaits: Plaits are not just for the kids… Go sleep with a few plaits in your hair to prevent your curls from going flat.
- Hats: And if all else fails… “Kry vir jou ‘n hoedjie” – Casper de Vries. You get really cute and stylish caps and well..it hides everything while protecting your facefrom the sun.
- Wet Wipes: This is my goto for every- and anything. It really has helped me trough some sticky situations…literally. They are perfect for makeup removal and to just to feel fresh after a walk around the campsite. They are ideal to clean up with no water.
- BB Cream: I love products that offer a 2 in 1 function. – More packing space. It is a coverage cream, almost like foundation, and it doubles up as a moisturizer. The BB Cream is not as heavy as foundation but it does the job. I use the Garnier Pure Active as it lasts long and it protects you from the damaging elements of the sun.
- Mascara: A good waterproof mascara will allow you to take part in all water activities without having to worry about looking like the Parlotones. Mascara is just one thing I can’t go without..
- Thermal Spring Water: This product has saved me in ways that you can’t imagine. Avène launched a new Thermal Spring Water – Voted number 1 in Europe. All the gentle purity of Avène Thermal Spring Water provides you with long-lasting protection. This miracle product helps with facial redness, skin irritation, sunburn, diaper rash, following make-up removal, following shaving, following exercise, following hair removal, during travel to cool yourself a little. As you can see this product is truly a MUST-HAVE!
Dis-Chem Pharamcies now stocks Eau Thermale Avène. For their new launch they are running a fantastic offer. Get to your nearest Dischem store (or order online here) and purchase any 2 Eau Thermale Avène products and receive a complimentary luxury toiletry bag, 50 ml Avène Thermal Spring Water, 50 ml Avène Cleansing Foam and 2 samples.
*Offer valid until 12 March 2017, while stocks last.
This free travel bag is perfect to put all the above mentioned products in your bag for your next camping trip. May the odds be forever in your favor. *Hunger Games tribute whistle*